Summit Christian School is hosting a Read-A-Thon to raise money with the goal of filling our library with new books and learning materials. We recently completed the renovation of library space and now is the time to meet our goal of doubling the number of books that our students have available to spark their interests and imagination.
SCS students are collecting pledges for the number of pages they read during the read-a-thon. All proceeds will go toward the Read On! campaign to renovate and enhance our school library.
When: October 18 - November 1, 2023
Where: Students can read at school or at home
How do I get involved:
1 - If you have or know a student at SCS, enter your per page pledge on their Pledge Record. Encourage them to reach their page goal. Once the Read-a-thon is complete, the student will communicate to you how many pages they read. If you wish to use a credit card to fulfill your pledge, please access our online giving platform by clicking the link below. NOTE: please include the student's name on the second donation screen.
2 - If are not connected to a student at SCS, please consider making a one-time gift to support our library fundraising goal.
Read-a thon donation questions can be directed to Mr. Brian Stock, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support of our students!
1. GOALS! Set a reading goal; How many pages or minutes can you read in 2 weeks?
2. SPONSOR! Ask family, friends, and other special people to donate money per page, based on your goal, or a flat fee. Once they have committed, give them a reminder card provided in your Read-a-Thon kit.
3. READ! At home, at school, or on the go!
4. LOG! Keep track of your progress on your log sheet.
5. COLLECT! Follow up with your sponsors and collect their donations. Use your collection envelope to keep track of the money.
6. RETURN! Bring all money back to SCS by November 10.
7. WIN! Top earners will win awesome prizes!